Aultman Alliance ultrasound technologists are dedicated to patient reassurance and comfort.
Ultrasound (or sonography) is a procedure that uses high-frequency sound waves to show what is inside your body.
Sound waves inside the body echo when they hit tissue, like sonar in the ocean. Computer technology takes the echoes and creates an image of the tissue and organs the echoes bounce off. Ultrasound is an efficient tool in diagnostic situations including:
- examining the fetus during pregnancy
- visualizing certain gynecological functions in non-pregnant women
- revealing information about tumors and cysts
- evaluating the gallbladder and related organs
- non-invasive evaluation of vascular disease